IIT Kanpur will conduct the GATE Exam in 2023 and release the official notice in September 2022. The information will include the following details; the GATE Exam Date, GATE Eligibility, GATE Exam Pattern, and GATE Updated Syllabus.
Given the level of competition, to pass the GATE 2023 Exam, a simple preparation method may not be enough and one has to work smart. This is because many prestigious institutes that admit students examine GATE Scores, and the same applies to PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) as such GATE Scores hold a lot of weight.
GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not guarantee you a selection. You would be required to know the GATE Syllabus as well.
- Minimum Qualification: Graduation or in the third year of their engineering
- Degree Requirement: A bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, arts, or commerce or a postgraduate degree in a related field is required.
- Age Limit: No upper age limit
- Nationality: Indian or Foreign/ NRIs
International Students’ Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2023
- International students from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can take the GATE 2023 exam.
- Such students should have completed or be in the process of completing their bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology or an equivalent degree.
How to Fill the GATE 2023 Application Form?
Candidates can use the GATE Online Application Processing System or GOAPS to fill out the GATE 2023 application form. Please follow the instructions below to register for GATE 2023:
- Only online applications are accepted for the GATE 2023 exam. There are no offline registration forms.
- The GATE 2023 registration is expected to start in the first week of September 2022.
- Candidates must first register as a “New User” to take the GATE 2023 exam.
- After completing the registration process, candidates can log in to GOAPS using their Enrollment ID and Password.
- Candidates can fill out the application form after logging in.
- Candidates must choose the papers they will be taking in the exam. The candidate is only allowed to take a maximum of two papers.
- Candidates must choose one of their qualifying papers as the primary and related papers as the secondary.
- Candidates have the option of selecting up to three exam centres.
- Candidates must provide personal information such as their name, date of birth, father’s name, phone number, email address, nationality, gender, and other relevant information.
- Candidates must provide information about their university/college, such as the name, the university registration or college roll number, etc.
- Candidates must provide their signature, photo, and proof of identification.
- Finally, the applicants must pay the application fees.