In the field of Physics, rotational motion is also called Angular Momentum or Rotational Momentum. This is same like Linear momentum. This is an important part of physics because it can be conserved and thus the total angular momentum will always remain the same. In three dimensions we have angular momentum for any particle will be a pseudo vector which it is a product of certain factors. This depends on where the point of beginning is or where the origin is and thus the motion or the particle position is.
Just the way angular velocity is the angular momentum is also identified for an object. Here the spin angular momentum for the object is identified for the centre of mass and this is while the orbital angular momentum is the addition of the spin and momentum. If we talk of the angular momentum which is orbital for any particle then it is always in a parallel line and it is directly proportional to the angular velocity.
Let us go through some of the properties for Rotational Motion:
Also Check: ideal magazine
- Here the angular momentum or rotational motion or rotational momentum for any body is same or in proportion to the the spin angular velocity.
- Angular momentum or Rotational motion is a property which is extensive. Here the angular momentum for ant body or group of body is that it is a product of the addition of the angular momentum of the parts. For any rigid body the total angular momentum is the volume of the same where there is density and thus the momentum is the total volume of the body.
- What is the rate of change of momentum – it is the rate of change of the angular momentum or rotational motion. This is in terms of force we can say. Thus the external force for any system id the total torque for the system. This is the total of all the torques for the system.
- For a system which is closed we can say that the torque is the null value for any system and this means the total momentum is thus constant.
- Angular momentum if without a torque is the one which is based on eigen values. This is the subject in accordance to the Heisenberg principle and thus this projection is the component that is measured by some accurate values.
- The angular momentum when conserved will explain many phenomenon which means it will increase the speed. The total torque is null. If the torque value is different then it is different for the angular momentum.
- This is the rotational of linear momentum where it does involve the elements for distance ans the mass of the body. It also involves shape and position of elements.
- When we refer the momentum to any point which is central then we need to apply the momentum. Here the matter particle which is at the end of the level of the same length is the radius and momentum and also the imaginary part is known as moment arm. It is the product of length into momentum.
We know Physics it involves matter and also that at some sets of point in space we talk about the momentum of the objects and thus also the forces that act on it. Here the moving mater will have exert motion or it is just the mass and distance by the velocity. If we review the analogy from Newtons point of view for the third law of motion then we can say that the in a closed system the torque is null or of no value and even if it is exerted it does not hold any value. Thus the momentum is the objects exchanging between the objects and thus he exchange remains same or constant. If we talk of the Newtons first law of motion then we can say that any body which is rigid will have uniform rotation until it is acted by an external body. Thus no external point or object hence the angular momentum is same and constant. If there is a system where there is an external system which acts on it then there is change or increase or decrease in the angular momentum or rotational motion. We can say that it is the rate of change of the angular momentum or rotational motion. This is in terms of force we can say. Thus the external force for any system is the total torque for the system. This is the total of all the torques for the system.
Solve this question: A particle of mass m is projected with a velocity v making an angle of 45^@ with the horizontal. The magnitude of the angular momentum of the projectile about the point of projection when the particle is at its maximum height h is.?